The portmanteau is one of my favorite forms of humor in everyday life. I combine words constantly around the house. Sometimes the result is humorous; sometimes it only causes my wife to laugh at me. But one portmanteau has found its way into my everyday lexicon and spread to friends and family: productination = productive + procrastination.
Never does doing the dishes, filing paperwork, or writing a blog post sound as good as when one has a deadline for an essay, or even better, a stack of papers to grade. In this spirit, we will offer a regular feature of articles and links on humor-related topics to allow you to productinate when you have better things to do. If you have links of articles or sites to look at, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or add a comment to the post.
- A brief article on Tina Fey and women in comedy
- The continued intrigue of Dave Chappelle
- A review of Twain’s autobiography and other recent books on Twain
- A review of a book on seriousness, the reputed opposite of the humorous
- On William Cowper, wit, and poetry by Robert Pinsky
- A nice reading of a Marx Brothers scene
- Onion article of the week